Fill out the form on this page to call your member of Congress and tell them to vote NO on the SHARE act. The SHARE Act would:
- Allow concealed carry of hidden, loaded handguns in more than 400 Army Corps of Engineers-operated sites in 43 states - regardless of law in that state.
- Direct the Bureau of Land Management to promote hunting and shooting on public lands.
- Loosen federal law & preempt state laws on the transport of firearms & ammunition across state lines.
- Eliminate ATF authority to deem certain ammunition as "armor-piercing".
- Roll back current federal ATF rules that limit importation of certain types of assault-style rifles and "armor-piercing" ammunition.
- Restrict ATF from classifying certain types of shotguns, large shotgun shells & large-caliber rifles as "destructive devices" and therefore not subject to federal regulation.
- Create a private right of action for individuals to sue law enforcement officers and agencies that inquire about carrying of guns.
Suggested Script for Call:
Hi, I am (name), and I live in (city where you live). I strongly urge you to vote NO on HR 3668 - the SHARE Act - when it comes up for a vote as soon as this week. This act is dangerous because it handcuffs law enforcement, rolls back effective laws on gun silencers, makes it easier to access armor-piercing bullets, and undermines states' rights. Please vote NO on HR 3668, the SHARE Act. Thank you!