Position: Social Media Intern
Reports to: Digital Strategist
Location: Washington, DC
The Brady Campaign and Center to Prevent Gun Violence is seeking a highly motivated, creative, organized Social Media Intern passionate about making a difference in the gun violence prevention movement. We’re recruiting an intern interested in learning how nonprofits locate, engage and cultivate new, diverse audiences to their mission by expanding various channels already in use and exploring new ones as they emerge. The Social Media Intern will report directly to the Digital Strategist but will work closely with the entire communications staff and volunteers to support Brady’s efforts.
- Creating engaging social media content (including short videos and infographics) and campaigns for various audiences across various platforms
- Locate and cultivate influencers to engage with Brady content and mission
- Track and monitor analytics to assess trends and activity across social accounts
- Develop strategic communication plans and maintain the editorial calendar
- Support the day-to-day operations of the Communications Department as needed
- Bring your passion and creativity to work whenever you walk through the door
An Ideal Candidate:
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Familiarity with Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Final Cut Pro
- Attention to detail and ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Ability to manage time effectively and work against short deadlines
- Significant experience using social media in a professional setting
- Interested in gun violence prevention
- This is an unpaid intern position
- College credit can be awarded
- Duration of Internship:
- Sept - Dec 2018 (min. 15 hours/week) can extend to spring semester if both parties are agreeable.
The Brady Campaign & Center to Prevent Gun Violence (Brady) plays a vital, leadership role in achieving changes in gun laws, policies, and practices in this country. Our mission is to significantly decrease the number of gun deaths and injuries in America, helping to lead a new path toward the safer nation for all Americans. We achieve this through three critical strategies: 1) affect policy change by bringing to bear the voice of the American public; 2) change social norms around the 300 million guns currently in circulation through public health and safety campaigns; and 3) take legal action to hold the gun industry accountable for dangerous and irresponsible practices.
Please email a cover letter expressing an interest in the position, resume and your availability to email@example.com indicating “Social Media Intern” in the subject line.