Title: Director, IT
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Washington, DC
The IT Director will oversee all Information Technology (IT) functions and systems at Brady. The position will manage the company's technology operations, a database manager, IT vendors and oversee the implementation of new IT systems and the optimization of existing systems and policies. The position will be responsible for ensuring business continuity and disaster recovery planning, as well as system security and data confidentiality. This position requires an individual who will be hands-on in relation to applications and infrastructure.
The ideal candidate is very knowledgeable in IT and computer systems, as well as solution, application, and data architecture. They will have a solid technical background and be able to manage and motivate cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate will be experienced in creating and implementing IT strategies, policies and systems to meet organizational needs. The primary goal is to ensure IT systems and the people using them are as effective and efficient as possible within the limits of budget, time and organization priorities. Strong project management capabilities are required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all IT systems, technology operations and data reporting
- Contribute to and manage long term IT strategy to bridge data, information needs and strategy
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Purchase efficient and cost effective technological equipment and software
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to upper management
- Supervise database manager and IT vendors
- Manage technology budget
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or relevant field; Masters preferred
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience
- Proven experience as IT director or similar role
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Experience in controlling information technology budget
- Hands-on technical experience in software and infrastructure support.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and communication abilities
- Experience with BI tools, CRMs, donor management systems, SQL; Google Analytics, experience with Revolution Online, EveryAction, Neon preferred
- Commitment to sensible gun laws and reducing gun violence
Please email cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning "Director, IT" in the subject line. The Brady Campaign and Center is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please. This position is classified as exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act, and is not eligible for overtime pay.