JOB TITLE: Director of Partnerships
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer and President
LOCATION: Washington, DC
This senior management position will play a key role in building an external network to drive growth in support of increased programmatic impact. This newly created position will focus on building and maintaining key external relationships, including regional development councils and subject matter expert committees. Strong organization, strategic thinking and communication skills are critical to the success of role.
The candidate will work with a dynamic team of experienced, committed individuals in a collaborative, supportive, fast-paced environment. The position is suited to someone who is excited to create a strong network of supporters across the country to help the organization meet its aggressive growth goals.
- Manage and coordinate the development and support of the President's Leadership Council, five Regional Development Councils and as needed subject matter committees
- Collaborate and work closely with the Board, President and Development Department to ensure the above committee structure is meeting needs and expectations
- Broaden and strengthen the relationship of Brady with relevant stakeholders and explore new partnerships to support Brady's mission and expand its reach to new and relevant audiences
- Manage and develop strategic partner relationships in support Brady's three campaigns: Finish The Job, Stop Bad Apple Gun Dealers and ASK by being the go-between with external audiences and internal departments
- Work with Brady's Management Team to ensure Council and Committee needs are being met
- Bachelor's degree required, Masters preferred
- A minimum of eight (8) years of related work experience
- Professional and dynamic presence with the ability to communicate with diverse stakeholders
- Experience building and maintaining high-level partnerships and constituent relationships
- Experience working with major donors
- Working knowledge of database and stakeholder management systems
- Ability to coordinate diverse teams and communicate effectively
- Ability to support the growth and evolution of a dynamic organization
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to take initiative and be accountable for decisions
- Experience in a Charitable organization, preferred
- Business development or fundraising experience, preferred
- Knowledge of and/or passion for gun violence prevention
- Experience with Brady Campaign subject matter (public health, policy, legal) a plus
The Brady Campaign & Center is the leading voice for gun violence prevention in the United States, bringing together millions of Americans from across the political spectrum behind solutions that save lives. Brady is proud to play a vital role, helping to convene all of voices into a single, unified demand for change through a comprehensive public health approach with three key strategies:
- Public health and safety education campaigns that change social norms around gun ownership
- Legal action that holds gun manufacturers and sellers responsible for the negligent damage they do; and,
- Policy solutions that keep guns out of the hands of criminals and dangerous
Please email a cover letter expressing an interest in the position and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning ‘Director of Partnerships' in the subject line.
This position is classified as exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not eligible for overtime pay. The Brady Campaign and Center is an equal opportunity employer.